Effective leadership, developing oil sands market prospects
CEO & Executive Director
- Accomplished Chief Executive and project manager with many years' experience working within the energy sector
- Wide range of skills, knowledge and industry connections
- Proficient in identifying, understanding and managing project and applying optimal mitigation strategies
Chairman Non-Executive Director
- Extensive corporate experience including roles as Chairman, Non- Executive Director, Chair of Audit, CEO, COO and CFO for a number of companies
- Advisor on compliance and governance, strategy and operational improvement, and managing the risks of rapid change
- Over 25 years’ experience in oil & gas and finance, working for companies such as BP, Chevron, DB Petroleum, Merrill Lynch and ING Barings, where I undertook finance or finance related roles.
- Previously CFO for Dubai World’s oil & gas business (DB Petroleum), with responsibility for risk management, valuation and authoring of investment proposals. During this time, I valued more than 152 transactions with a combined transaction value of in excess of $63bn.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering from Wales and a PhD in Chemical Engineering from Bath University.
- Highly experienced and well qualified Director and Chartered Accountant with some thirty years spent in industry and in financial services.
- Has extensive finance experience, acting as CFO for publicly listed Eland Oil & Gas plc, managing risks associated with operating in hostile jurisdictions, managing a budget of over $150m
- Provides expert change management insight, including the development of risk identification and mitigation strategies